TIDC EXPLORE AND VOTE 2019 CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
1. No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Contest may be entered as many times as the entrant visits TIDC during the Contest Period. One (1) ballot per visit to TIDC.
2. The Contest: The TIDC “EXPLORE AND VOTE” Contest (the “Contest”) is open from 10:00am EST on Friday, May 24, 2019 and ending on Tuesday, December 31, 2019 at 4:00 p.m. EST (the “Contest Period”) and is sponsored by TIDC – Toronto International Design Centre (the “Sponsor”).
3. Eligibility: The Contest is open to legal residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their province/territory of residence at the time of entry and whom are active members of the trade industry consisting of interior designers, decorators, stagers, architects, builders, contract specifiers, retail store owners and purchasing agents. Officers, directors, employees, representatives, tenants and agents of Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies, any independent contest organization engaged by Sponsor, and each of their respective parent, related and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and household members (whether or not related) of each such individuals are not eligible. Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and legally binding in all matters related to the Contest. A chance to win a prize is contingent upon fulfilling requirements set forth herein. Contest may be entered as many times as the entrant visits TIDC during the Contest Period. One (1) ballot per visit to TIDC.
4. How to Enter: To obtain an entry, during Contest Period:
- Visit TIDC;
- Explore all seven Contest looks found on the first and second storeys of TIDC;
- Select winning look on the TIDC-provided ballot (ballots distributed at the Canadian Furniture Show, subsequent TIDC events throughout the duration of the Contest, in each of the TIDC showrooms and at the TIDC kiosk;
- Complete ballot with entrant’s name and email address;
- Submit completed ballot in any one of TIDC’s showrooms (secure ballot boxes provided)
5. Prizes: There are seven (7) total prizes available to be won during the Contest Period. Monetary value (“ARV”) of one (1) Grand Prize is $5,000 in TIDC credit and the monetary value of the six (6) Second Prizes is $1,000 (each) in TIDC credit. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and may not be substituted, transferred or otherwise, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prize vouchers will be delivered to verified winners only in Canada.
6. Winner Selection: All ballots will be counted on Monday, January 6, 2020. The look with the most number of ballots will be deemed the winning look. From the winning look’s ballots, a random draw will be conducted from all eligible entries and a Grand Prize winner will be determined. From the remaining six looks, individual draws will be conducted at random and one Second Prize winner will be determined from each look. Before being declared a winner, each selected entrant will be required to: (a) correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question (without mechanical or other aid) to be administered by email in the documentation described in paragraph (b); and (b) sign and return within ten (10) business days of notification the Sponsor’s declaration and release form, which (among other things): (i) confirms compliance with these Official Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the prize as awarded; (iii) releases the Released Parties (defined below) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof; and (iv) to the extent permitted by law, agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address, voice, social media handle, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet. If a selected entrant: (a) fails to successfully complete the skill test; (b) fails to return the properly executed Contest documents within the specified time; and/or (c) cannot accept the prize for any reason; then he/she will be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to the prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to select an alternate eligible entrant who will be subject to selection and disqualification in the same manner.
7. Release/Limitation of Liability: By entering the Contest, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective parents, related and affiliate companies, and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability, claim or cause of action related to or arising from their participation in the Contest. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Released Parties are not responsible for: (i) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (ii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (iv) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (v) late, lost, garbled, undeliverable, damaged or stolen entries or notifications; or (vi) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or, if applicable, receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Privacy and Publicity: By entering the Contest, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by Sponsor and its authorized agents, and to the receipt of commercial electronic messages, for the purposes of administering the Contest and awarding prizes. To the full extent permitted by law, a winner will be required to consent to use of winner’s name, likeness, voice, opinions and/or hometown and province/territory, entry and/or photographs (submitted to or taken by Sponsor or its agents) for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further notice or consideration. The winner may be required to sign a document to this effect.
9. Right to Void/Terminate/Suspend/Modify: Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend or modify this Contest, in whole or in part, at any time and without notice or obligation if, in Sponsor's sole discretion, any factor interferes with its proper conduct as contemplated by these Official Rules. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, if the Contest, or any part thereof, is not capable of running as planned for any reason, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion void any suspect entries and: (a) terminate the Contest, or any portion thereof; (b) modify or suspend the Contest, or any portion thereof, to address the impairment and then resume the Contest, or relevant portion, in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (c) award the prizes from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment in accordance with the winner selection criteria discussed above. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process, the operation of the Contest, violates the Official Rules, or acts with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Anyone determined by the Sponsor to be in violation of these rules for any reason is subject to disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor at any time. Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest in any way (as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability and Releases: By participating in this Contest, entrants agree that Sponsor, Contest judges and the promotion entities have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by entrants against any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind (including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages) to persons or property resulting from the Contest, including the acceptable, possession, misuse or use of the prize, or the merchandise for which it is redeemed. Further, by participating in this Contest, entrants agree that Sponsor, Contest judges and promotion entities have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by entrants against any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind (including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or unitive damages) to persons or property resulting from: ) entry or participation in this Contest, including access to and use of the contest ballot and/or website, or b) any claims based on personality or privacy rights, defamation or merchandise delivery. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation or incidental or consequential damages, these such exclusions may not apply to you.
11. General Conditions: The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill and to accommodate special needs of participating entrant as it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision of the Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, then the Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein. Should a winner make any false statement(s) in any document referenced above, the winner will be required to promptly return to Sponsor his/her prize.